If you never outsourced work before or had bad experiences in the past when working remotely, this page is a MUST read. We believe it is a critical factor for a long-lasting love relationship between you and our team. Otherwise, it is going to lead to a lot of frustration on both sides.
How to Delegate Tasks and Give Feedback:
- IMPORTANT: Please create a proper profile on Notion with a headshot image and your full name. Building a lasting relationship with you is our #1 priority and we don’t like to communicate with an anonymous email address.
- Successful work delegation starts with effective communication. From our experience with hundreds of clients, we noticed that happy long-term clients describe their tasks and give feedback differently than clients who never used an outsourcing service before.
- Always use your Notion board to delegate tasks (once you have access to your project board)
- Paint the big picture – Is the task part of a larger project?
- Communicate your expectations – Should we be creative or follow your instructions exactly? Please let us know what you prefer for this project.
- Describe your task as detailed as possible but not too detailed, so we need 30 minutes just to understand your task brief.
- Divide your brief or feedback into clear bullet points.
- Whenever possible, add a link to a screen-recording video (please no video uploads). Free tools you can use are Loom, Bubbles and CloudApp.
- Include all necessary resources to your brief with a link to a Google Drive or Dropbox folder.
- When sharing Google docs or Drive/Dropbox folders, make sure everybody in our team can access it.
- If you want to our team to redesign and develop a new website, please create a sitemap in advance or schedule a strategy call to get help. A great free tool you can use is Octopus.do.
- When giving feedback, please let us know what you like and don’t like. We want to learn your preferences and improve work overtime.
- Take your time to gather all your feedback and try to send everything through in one comment instead of multiple ad-hoc messages every time something else comes to mind. Otherwise, it is very easy to miss a comment and go through another round of revision.
- Please note that our office hours may differ from your local time and that we may be in different time zones. As a result, task turnaround times may exceed 24 hours if your task description is incomplete or if we require additional information. To avoid delays, please provide a detailed task description.
- If you use our team for your clients, please don’t promise your clients any deadlines that our team didn’t confirm.
- What is the goal of the design? (More conversions, brand building, etc.)
- Who is the target group? Who do you want to appeal to?
- Show design inspirations from other websites. Sites you can use for inspiration are Pinterest, Dribbble, Behance, or your competitors.
- Provide us with all necessary graphics as vector files or high-resolution product images in a shared Dropbox/Drive folder
- IMPORTANT: Always hard refresh and empty cache before giving feedback
- If you want us to work on your existing site, please create a new WP admin user and share the login and password with us
- If you want us to fix a technical issue on your site, please always add a video screen recording to your brief as we might not see the same issue on our end.
How NOT to Delegate Tasks:
- Assume we have the same pictures in your mind when you use words like modern, fresh, futuristic, or another adjective.
- Commenting under tasks like on WhatsApp or SMS – a sentence per comment but 10 in a row.
- Requesting new tasks in the comment section of another task instead of creating a new task in Notion.
- A complete website redesign is not a task but a project. Start with a task like ‘Design concept for the homepage’ and then go from there. Your project manager will guide you.
Please Keep in Mind
- Our design and development team is based in the Philippines and works from 8 am to 5 pm (GMT+8) Manila time.
- We don’t work on weekends.
- We don’t work on most public holidays in the Philippines, but we usually make sure that we add the working time over the next days.
- Feel free to fill up your task queue. You don’t need to wait until the previous task is completed. It also helps us to manage the workload.
- When adding multiple tasks at once, please choose only one task with a high priority.
- Please make sure that you have your projects planned out and structured into single pages before requesting a website redesign. If project management is not your thing, please book a call with us and we help you out with it as much as possible.